- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces of crab meat
- 4 to 8 ounces small cooked shrimp or other seafood
- 2 tablespoon sherry wine* (Optional; especially if a child is going to be eating this.)
Step 1: Use a sieve to sift the flour. Mix this into the butter and vegetables until well combined. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
Step 2: In another saucepan, warm the milk over medium heat.
Step 3: Stir the warmed milk slowly and continue to cook while stirring until the milk has thickened.
Step 4: Stir in the freshly ground black pepper, tomato paste, then, the heavy cream.
Step 5: You can puree the soup if desired using a blender or a food processor. Then, pour it back into the saucepan.
Step 6: Add in the crab, shrimp, and the sherry. Stir and bring to a simmer.
Step 7: Serve immediately. Enjoy!