°2 cups (475 g) dried white beans
°1 cup (226.8 g) bacon and/or cured ham
°1 onion finely chopped
°3 tablespoons. (45 ml) molasses
° 2 tbsp. (30 ml) salt
° 1/4 tsp. (1 g) black pepper
° 1/4 tsp. (1 g) dry mustard
° 1/2 cup (120 ml) ketchup
° 1 C. Worcestershire sauce
° 1/4 cup (55 g) redbath dark brown sugar
1. Soak the beans in cold water overnight or for 8 hours. Don’t throw away the water, it will serve you later
2. In the slow cooker, the layer of beans, chopped onions, as well as bacon to slow cooking is filling.
3. Next, make the sauce. Combine molasses, salt, pepper, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour the sauce over the layers of beans, onions and bacon.
5. Pour enough soaking water into the slow cooker to cover the beans.
6. Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8-12 hours. We recommend that you start this recipe in the morning so that you are ready for dinner. Once the sauce thickens and the beans are cooked, the beans are ready. Serve immediately or store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze leftovers.
Leave a Comment